Also known as: Electronics Technician
YOUR ARMY NEEDS YOU.
Want to work with the latest tech? As an Auto Electrician in the British Army, you’ll ensure our electrical systems are working to their optimal level. You’ll work on all kinds of kit, vehicles and weapons including communications systems and medical equipment, preventing as many electrical breakdowns in the field as you can and fixing anything that does. From Apache attack helicopters and challenger tanks to multiple launch rocket systems, you’ll work with the latest technology and gain experience in everything from lasers to thermal imaging systems. You’ll reach heights you never knew existed and learn vital skills that’ll set you up for life.
Once you’ve completed your training you’ll be posted to your first unit in the field army. You’ll go wherever you’re needed, which may mean a trip overseas. Wherever you go and whatever you’re required to fix, you’ll need to have a go-getting attitude, dedication to the job and a desire to be part of a team. Give us that and we’ll give you the chance to do something that really matters.
Find where you belong.
Join us and you’ll start by learning the soldiering skills common to every member of the British Army, like outdoor survival and the safe handling of weapons. Then it’s off to the Defence College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering at the Ministry of Defence Lyneham in Wiltshire. This is where you learn to service, fix, inspect and adapt a huge range of equipment. You will also be trained to drive, meaning you’ll not only get your driver’s licence earlier than your civilian friends, but you’ll be trained to drive more than just cars; think trucks, vans and many other Heavy Goods Vehicles. We’ll also pay for your training.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Manufacture
• Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Technology
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronic Systems Engineering
• Qualifications at different levels, in Leadership and Management
• Drivers licences across a range of HGV’s and automobiles
• Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay.
Become an Electronics Technician and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of £15,230 which will rise to over £18,800 after 14 weeks of training
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS
You should be:
• Regular Army age: 16.6 – 35.6 years
• Army Reserve age: 17.9 - 49.11 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
• Regular: GCSE Grade A – C/9-4 in at least English Language, Maths and Science
Interests you’ll have:
• Fixing things
• Helping people
• Decision making & responsibility
• Working outside
Our next deadline for application is 30th September 2019, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG >